Under His Wings

Psalm 91- He shall cover thee with His feathers and under His wings shalt thou trust.

Friday, November 03, 2006

mini poems

One of the things I like about tidying up cupboards is finding all those interesting old papers- my early essays, old letters, information I'd lost two years ago etc etc. Also little poems or a couple of verses from poems that never turn into much. Even though they're badly written It still gives me a thrill to a spot of poetry I'd forgotten I'd written. Here's two examples:

1 I have just one day to explore today
Just one day exactly this way.
Each day I see more of you
Tomorrow will be something new.
Today I saw a new rise of the sun
You're compassions are fresh with every one.
My joy in you will never grow stale
Each day You pull a little more vale.

2 As I lay in bed inside me built
The rising feeling of my guilt.
As I said, "I suppose
I should practice my arpegios.
The job it seemed like a whale,
To practice every single scale.
And it didn't give me more release,
Thinking of my hardest piece.
But still its worth it in the end.
For music is a dear friend.
(about a not so good Saturday morning)

When they're not finished yet, that's even better. I get out my pen, and promptly forget everything till it looks right. Good Fun! Here's the problem. Yesterday while I was tidying I found this tiny bit of poetry, it was cute but unfinished. For the life of me I just couldn't think of the last two lines. (you can imagine the result it had on my tidying!) I suddenly had an idea. Maybe somebody else could suggest something! If something pops into your head, prehaps you could write it on a comment. Here it is. (don't laugh I know its only tiny, but its agravaiting.)

Beautiful His love to me
Far beyond compare.
Diamonds on a glistening sea,
Fragrance in the air.

Whispers through te gentle breeze
Singing in the sun,

1 Comments:

  • At 11/13/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    That's great. A lovely ending.
    By the way this is what I eventually came up with:
    I realize watching all of these,
    Father you're such fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home