Under His Wings

Psalm 91- He shall cover thee with His feathers and under His wings shalt thou trust.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Creation Character

This is just a little thought I found interesting. On the internet now and then you come across these personality tests. ' What are the strengths and weeknesses of your character? What cute animal are you? What Lord of the Rings Character are you most like?' Well, it struck me one day while we were away that nature makes an excellent peronality test. At the time I was thinking about the beach. It's funny what you can learn about yourself from what you like in rock pools, how you feel when you are swimming, look back, and suddenly the shore seems far off, how you feel when someone dares you to swim past a some large boulders with the tide coming in at an alarming rate, what you do when there's a hill or rocks or mini peninsular and you don't know what's on the other side, what shells take you're fancy, how many batterings you can take in the waves, how you feel gazing past the restless craching oceans seemingly endless to the sunset beyond. I think God has a special way of speaking to us through His creation. I remember having a conversation with David about how you can get the feeling for a person and his personality by his writing or works of art. God's creation is amazingly like that. When I see an 'Oupa' sunset I think of and 'feel' His beauty and sweet presence, when I feel the power of crashing waves and see the endless oceans I think of His might, awsomness, kingliness, holiness, when I see a flower I think of His care and gentleness, when I see tumbling baby animals, dancing albatrosses, playing otters, I think of God's humour, fun, when I see forests I think of His peace and control. God's beatiful creation is dripping with His beautiful character. How it makes us love Him the more!

4 Comments:

  • At 11/15/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    This is sort of a random post. I don't think I got the thought really well put. Sorry, I hope you kind of get it. Otherwise, never mind.

     
  • At 11/16/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    Well, hello anonymous, good to meet you. Sorry to disapoint you but whatever sight you made 2000 dollars on it can't have been this sight. But its nice that you have such a high opinion of it. You're very kind!

     
  • At 11/16/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Jared said…

    Hello Ali! Glad to see that you got back safely! I think I got what you are saying. I hadn't really thought of what implications there are for my personality when I just have to see the veiw from the top of a boulder, or a dolmen.
    When I'm swimming I usually feel more ...... mischeivious .... What does that say about me?

    I rather think our dear freind, Anon, has movites beyond making genteel salutations, possibly to do with financial credit. I don't think I agree entirely with David's veiwpoint, but that's a bone we can chew later.

    Slàn!

    J

     
  • At 11/16/2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    hmmm I'm starting to think that my idea could have been a little better thought out. Especially seeing that I now have the task of actually expaining myself.
    Well um
    I guess it depends on what you mean by mischievous, but it may point to your lively, fun-loving, and adventurous character. Does that sound feasable?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home